Sunday, October 20, 2002

Went kayaking today, it was fun, but I think I should probably take a class, I can't seem to paddle straight. I tend to drift to my right, which does not seem to be related to the currents in the bay or anything. Also, I don't seem to be paddling in a very efficient manner, and when I tried to paddle in what I believe is a more proper manner, I found myself splashing sea-water in my face every time I pulled the paddle out of the water on my left side, so I guess I wasn't doing it right. Good exercise, though, and I saw a lot of birds, heading south I suppose. A rather huge flock of what I believe are called brown birds flew right over my head. Plenty of excitement for one day.

I had a coupon book to drop off for my old roommate (I get a discount on them...see, free movies...$20 off coupon books...the perks of my current and previous job are about the same), so I swung by their on the way home. Just ran in, ran out. She's an odd one. I always feel a little better about myself when I compare myself to her, though I image she also relies on me to boost her self-esteem. But hey, she had some shirtless fellow on her couch...I haven't had a nice young lady to make out with on my parents' couch in some time...but I digress. At least I don't think she met this one on the internet. That's one thing Cecily and I have in common, we both dated men on the internet (though I called myself "Diane"). Ah, fun times.

My father spoke to me briefly this evening, always nice how he can take about 20 seconds out of his day to put me in a psychopathic mood. Bastard.

No comments: