Monday, October 28, 2002

I got very little accomplished this weekend, but that's okay. I've had the feeling that I've been losing my mind for the last week or two. I've had it before, it comes somewhat cyclically. I'm always tempted to call it a nervous breakdown, but since I never actually break down (well, only once I did), that's not exactly accurate. It just feels as if my brain and my emotions are betraying me and I know they are but can't do anything about it. This time it was rather minor, I think my recent efforts at staying physically active helped a lot. But I felt myself getting moody, depressed and angry at nothing in particular, and an obsession with rather unimportant matters while I could not tend to important matters (I believe I've had three late payments on credit cards in the last month or so, not because I didn't have the money but couldn't bother to simply pay them...I got one past due notice and the previous month's payment was in an envelope sitting next to my door, where I saw it several times a day but didn't bother to mail it). I think this weekend was good for me, I had (and have) several legitimate problems to deal with, and be sad over, and I think may have created some sort of psychic rift in my head that broke me out of whatever state I was in. Wellstone dead, Cove closing, my dad barely sleeps or eats. Puts things in perspective. Of course, I'm ditching two classes today, and only going to Latin because if I miss another one my grade drops one level. But I figure I let myself have a weekend to mope, now its time to get down to work. Besides, today's my birthday, I'm entitled to be a bit flaky for a bit more.

No comments: