Saturday, October 12, 2002

I should talk a bit about myself. A few choice biographical tidbits, so that those who diligently follow the development of my blog will marvel as I slowly take form in the primordial mist before you. Won't that be exciting? What more reason do you need to postpone that suicide pact you'd been discussing with your sociopathic significant other? I'm 23 years old, live in Southern California, and am a student. I recently returned to school after a three year absence. I often claimed, while out of school, that school is for losers. I now feel vindicated in that assessment. Actually, school itself is reasonably satisfying. It is just painfully obvious that my quality of life has vastly deteriorated since I left my job as a movie theatre projectionist and manager. Cruel fate has played a role, and after my new living arrangements fell apart, I was forced to move in with my parents. So I'm a wee bit bitter, stripped of my self-sufficency and all. But the dude abides. And what have I learned? If you ever find yourself thinking, "I've gotten to a point where I reasonably enjoy my life, things finally are going pretty good, and I'm somewhat happy, for the most part. May things never change," take cover.

No comments: