Thursday, October 31, 2002

So, the credit union turned down my car loan, and so has everyone else I've tried. Insufficient income, not enough time at current position. So here's another perk of going back to school: I'm going to have to take out loans on existing credit accounts at much higher rates than I would if I got a car loan. It's not the end of the world, but it means I'll be heavily in debt for a very long time. I was going to cash in my 401(k), but its dwindled quite a bit, and after taxes and penalties, its not worth it. I do have some balance transfer offers at good fixed rates, but that won't cover all of it. I imagine I'll probably end up paying an average of 12% or so, which is not terrible, but is pretty damn high for a car loan. Its just frustrating that I don't see anything in the future that'll turn things around; graduation's far away (and then there's grad school), and I can't even hope to go to Vegas and eke out some cash counting cards because my seed money is gone. Grrr...should've bought a car before quitting my old job, but no, I was sure they would loan me the money when I needed it, I have great credit...what am I worried about? Oh, well. C'est la vie.

Had swim last night, went okay, I hadn't been in a week (I skipped class on my birthday). First class since daylight savings ended, its rather cold out to be swimming at 6:00, but I'll manage. The pool closes at the end of November, so I figure I'll go ahead and tough out one more month, then I'll have to start swimming on my own. I signed up for the Walk for the Cure Sunday, that should be fun.

Went to the movies last night, saw In Praise of Love, left about an hour into it. Not necessarily that I didn't like it (though I didn't very much), just was too tired to survive the Ken's seats any longer.

No comments: