Saturday, October 12, 2002

Hello there. Welcome to my blog. Why am I writing a blog? Isn't it true I've never even felt particularly moved to read a blog, yet I somehow think people want to here what I had for lunch today? Yes, its true, its all true (though my choice of words impels me to make an early confession: I'm a compulsive liar...but that's another blog--which leads to a question: is "blog" a term for the entire apparatus of this journal, or does it also refer to an individual entry?). But I'll be damned if that'll stop me. Here's my blog. Relevance be damned. It seems like I can't scribble some words in a notebook without worrying what people would think if they read them; perhaps now that my words are being made available to millions (and may be read by 3 or 4), I'll no longer give a shit if anyone finds them interesting. So that's that. Perhaps I'll write something substantive later tonight, but now I simply wish to christen thee the S.S. Blogger. All hail the queen!

No comments: