Monday, October 28, 2002

I test-drove a Toyota Prius yesterday (one thing I accomplished this weekend). I was not impressed. A bit cramped for me, though not as bad as the Honda Civic Hybrid. As the salesman explained, the Honda Civic is an electric car with a gas engine to help, the Toyota Prius is a gas-powered car with an electric engine to help. Which doesn't mean one is superior absolutely, but for someone who mostly does freeway driving, the Prius seems a bad choice. He did steer me to the (much cheaper) Toyota Corrola, which I really liked. 39 mpg freeway, I think it was, not much worse than the Prius. Ultra Low Emission vehicle as well. I'm still considering the Honda Accord as well, but I like the Corrola better and don't see how the Honda Accord, at about $5000 more, will win me over. So I think in the next week or two, after chatting with my friends at the Credit Union, I'll have a new car. No more adding power steering fluid twice a day!

No comments: