Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dinny of Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is now the spokes-dinosaur of the creationist movement. And I'm not talking Intelligent Design creationists, I'm talking "Dinos marched two-by-two onto Noah's Ark" creationists.

Incidentally, isn't it odd that right-wing fundamentalists have embrased intelligent design so? I remember not that long ago (I still see the documentary airing on public access with that helmet-haired fellow defending the honor of Thomas Jefferson) that fundamentalists were aghast that one would dare to suggest that our founding fathers believed in anything other than the hands-on role of God in even the smallest matter, and now they argue that God merely put the forces of evolutionary development in place and let things play out? Sounds like a Deist view of the universe to me. How things change.

No comments: