Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Murder convictions overturned in Ted Binion murder case. This really took me by surprise, though I agree with the court that Tabish's assult charges over the Leo Casey matter should never have been tried with the murder charges. I simply don't believe Casey was telling the truth. In any case, it was unfairly prejudicial towards Murphy to let the jury hear those charges. I personally thought they might be granted a new trial because the prosecution withheld information about a potential mob link to the (alleged) murder.

I'm farily certain the two are guilty, and will probably be convicted again. I could be surprised, though. They know what to expect this time around, and new developments will enable them to attack the forensic evidence much better. If the two weren't such huge morons, they'd probably walk. What did we learn from this case? Don't dig up the mudered man's silver the night you kill him, and don't film yourself stealing from the dead man and potentially destroying evidence the day after you killed him.

No comments: