Monday, July 21, 2003

I went to Viejas with my mom for lunch today. They are having a promotion where they send you a card, and you can go up and swipe it over the course of a week, and win a prize each time. A different week is assigned to different neighborhoods, apparently, so this week is my neighborhood's chance. It looked like a good promotion, since you are a guaranteed winner, until I realized one of the prizes was simply a second-chance entry into the drawing for something at the end of the month. After hearing that the Monty Hall promotion at Barona was a big dud (apparently, they didn't give away the car they had been hyping--the guy trying for the car ended up with a two-night stay at the Barona Valley Ranch Hotel; or so I hear--I wasn't in attendance), I had low expectations of this one. We scanned our cards, though. Mom won a T-shirt. I won $1000. So it turns out it might be an okay promotion after all. I lost $100 at poker, but $900 is a nice profit for an hour or so.

No comments: