Sunday, March 16, 2003

Today was quite a busy day at work. The aquarium always seems to be busy when it rains. And I think a lot of people were here on vacation this weekend, taking an early spring break. So we got quite a bit of business. It went pretty smoothly, though. I understand there were problems on Saturday (which was even busier), but nothing went too wrong today (the parking machine broke, but that's about a daily occurence, so as to barely be worth noting). It was also quite a day for celebrity citings. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas came to see the aquarium. A federal marshall came about an hour before he got their to arrange for him to have a private behind-the-scenes tour of the aquarium. Must be nice to have that sort of clout. It was neat to see him in person, he was older than I thought, and his son was pretty young. Its pretty exciting to think that I finally got to see one of the five people who actually voted for George W. to be president. Later in the day, I sold a ticket to the guy who played Darlene's boyfriend on Roseanne, which was also exciting in its way. He looks exactly the same as on the show. So that was today's excitement. Celebrities of sort would come into the Cove Theatre (Marion Ross, Andy Kindler, Jewel), but I hadn't seen any at the aquarium.

Spent this evening playing games with my mom and sister. I won handily at Simpsons Trivia (of course), then was beaten twice at Simpsons Clue. In the end, though, it was the sound thrashings I dealt my sister at Simpsons Road Rage (seeing a trend) that were the most satisfying. And now I am winding my day down, watching my cartoons on Cartoon Network. For awhile Sunday evening television was something I looked forward to all week. Now, not so much. The Adult Swim schedule on Cartoon Network is not what it used to be, and after Futurama, there's a bit of a hole in the schedule, and I no longer stay up as late as I used to on a regular basis, so I usually end up going to bed rather than watching Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force and the rest of that ilk. And as for the Fox line-up, the new Simpsons are for the most part pretty unsatisfying. Basically, its only King of the Hill and the Futurama reruns on Cartoon Network that still make Sunday night TV something I enjoy. But I miss Adult Swim the way it used to be. But maybe its for the best that I not spend my days anticipating upcoming TV shows.

No comments: