Monday, March 31, 2003

I just finished watching Golden Years, the Steven King miniseries, in one sitting. I got it on DVD real cheap, and figured I'd give it a try since I like Felicity Huffman a lot, and I enjoyed watching it back in middle school, when it originally aired. Also, I remembered being incensed by the "...to be continued" ending, and wondered how they dealt with that on the DVD. Anyway, turns out its pretty bad, some low-rent version of Firestarter. Though I watched the whole thing (almost four hours) in one night, so I guess it holds your interest. Probably helped that both Huffman and Stephen Root are in it. As for the ending, apparently they shot a new one after realizing the network had no interest in continuing it. It's a lame ending, but at least it has one. Once I dump this on half.com, I imagine it will have only cost me two or three bucks to watch it, so I guess that's not so bad. I think I'm going to cancel my netflix membership, just buy DVDs, watch at my leisure, and then sell them on the internet, I think in the long run it'll actually be cheaper.

No comments: