Sunday, March 09, 2003

So I spent an exciting Saturday night cleaning my room. I can now use the surface of my desk again. And I retreived my filing cabinet from storage and organized all my papers, which was a time-consuming chore. I did find some interesting things in the process, though. Including the worst fortune cookie fortune I ever received: "Promote Literacy: Buy a case of fortune cookies today!" It reminded me of Fry's comments on Futurama, when the future-dwellers, surprised by Fry's reaction to finding ads in his dreams, asked if they had ads in the 20th Century: "Well sure, but not in our dreams. Only on TV and radio. And in magazines. And movies. And at ball games and on buses and milk cartons and t-shirts and written on the sky. But not in dreams. No siree!" For the most part, though I was just shuffling through old bank statements and credit card bills and magazine articles that seemed much more interesting when I cut them out. But my room is much more organized, though it begs the question, what personal-improvement task can I use to pass the time now?

After that exciting evening, it was an uneventful day at work, until just now when the police informed us someone left a dog parked in an SUV and that the dog is unresponsive. So Paula is off looking for the owners. Let's all hope they meet a similarly horrific end themselves. I mean, really, driving an SUV already suggests you're an asshole, then you kill your dog, what more does it take to prove you have no business on this Earth. I hate people so much sometimes.

No comments: