Tuesday, March 04, 2003

At last I can post without opening with an apology for not posting in so long. I'm supposed to be at Mardis Gras, but its raining and my friend cancelled, which is fine with me. I don't like crowds. Still, I was kind of looking forward to getting out and doing something social, figure broadening my horizons even in incredibly stupid ways must have an upside to it.

Monday was uneventful, yet again talked myself out of going for my morning swim. The whole day I seemed distracted, couldn't focus on anything, not quite sure why. Got some little projects done, almost everything I'd planned on doing that day, so that's good. Including listing some items on Half.com, including my Educational Archives DVDs. I found the boxed set with commemorative lunchbox on clearance for $44, had to have it. Nice lunchbox, even has a real thermos, so it was quite a find. Today I got notice that I've sold volume 1, Sex and Drugs, for about $19, so already I got the boxed set for well under the cost of the two volumes I didn't have. So that was nice.

Today I had work, and actually had a pretty good day. My boss gave me an extra parking pass he got from a member who had no need for it, due to having a handicapped placard, so I can park for free until they finish converting the parking lot into the new system, which should be a few months, I think. And it was a fairly slow day, I got to read and wasn't too crazed. La Jolla didn't get the rain too bad, and it was almost nice when I got off and went for my run. I registered for a 10K a week from Saturday, I'm not too sure I'm up to the challenge. That's okay, though, I know I can run that far, I just don't think my time will shatter any records. I just want to have a base time so I'll have a benchmark for my next 10-K. Right now, I really want to focus on more 5-Ks. I've improved in every one I ran except one, so I figure as long as I'm showing improvement at this level, why tackle tougher races? But this 10-K looks like fun, and there weren't any 5-Ks in March I felt like running in, so this should be a good source of motivation, and might keep me humble, too.

Since we didn't go to Mardis Gras, Chad and I went to Pat and Oscar's. Can't say I like it, even though it was my idea to go there(I had a coupon for free breadsticks). It ended up making me throw up, so I don't think I'll be back there. Though if a simple sandwich and some breadsticks could make me sick today, maybe its a good think I skipped the fried-food-and-liquor-palooza that is Mardis Gras. But still, it would've been nice to show off my now-pert man-boobs (I hoped losing weight would result in losing the tits; instead I've just gone from the rack of a 35-year-old woman to that of an 18-year-old girl, which I suppose is an improvement) for some beads.

I've updated the links on the side, I think...I kind of forget how blogger works. I changed 'em on my end, hopefully they made it to you.

No comments: