Friday, March 14, 2003

I'm depressed today. I think its because I haven't run in a few days, being a bit sore from hiking Wednesday. Perhaps I'm lacking some endorphins. I didn't thik I had experienced a "runner's high" before, but perhaps I had, with "high" simply being "not low." But I was resting up between the hike and tomorrow's run, so I currently am functioning without the benefit of physical exercise. That's one theory, anyway...what it comes down to is, I feel blue. I'd like a drink, but I figure that would not help tomorrow's run (I don't imagine the cookies I've been eating by the dozen will be of any help tomorrow, either, but we're none of us perfect).

Perhaps its a lack of any activity, not just physical, that is to blame. I skipped school Wednesday and Friday, and called in sick on Thursday. I haven't been sleeping well, and I'm always tired. In short, I feel like I did before exercising. If I felt like this a year or two ago, I wouldn't have worried about it, but now I have to hope this isn't the start of something more long-term.

I've found myself rather irritable, as well. I was walking and some idiot was honking at the car in front of him even though that car couldn't legally go anywhere, and I nearly pulled the idiot out of her car. I thought better of it, though. I still feel an inordinate amount of rage thinking about it. Probably not healthy. I'm giving blood on Tuesday, I'll be curious to see my blood pressure.

Anyway, I don't mean to whine. I just feel myself falling back into a slump of self-pity and lethargy, and I'd really rather not.

No comments: