Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Quite an election, clearly shows the bankruptcy of the Democratic party. Hopefully this will envigorate the Democratic party, put them back on track as an opposition party. Of course, I don't know if its a good reflection on the voters that Democrats win in New Jersey, despite their blatant cheating, and Gray Davis wins (maybe we'll get some impeachment fun in the next year or two, though not likely with the Democrats controlling the State Assembly and Senate by such wide margins). I voted for Davis, but it really is sickening. Maybe this will shake up the Republicans, too, let them know that if they weren't being led by the nose by the fringe right, they would have won this election handily. I can assure you Riordan would have won (between him and Davis, I'd have voted for him in a heartbeat). But I image its too happy a day for the Republicans to reflect on such matters. Democrats didn't seem to learn from the Newt Gingrich "revolution," lets see if they learn this time. It's not over yet, lets hope Mondale eeks out a victory. Max Cleland lost, that's disgusting. My father asked me whose side I was on this election. The only guy I could come up with was dead. Oh, well. Maybe someone will come out of the woodwork by 2004. Bradley's about the only Democrat presidential possiblity I could see supporting; pretty sad if that's the best they got. But no point worrying about that now.

No comments: