Tuesday, November 05, 2002

I have a rich and varied fantasy life. One common daydream involves me being a fairly high-up government official in some alternate universe, who eventually is jailed in a Watergate-esque conspiracy (I would be the John Dean of the story, except I'd serve a year in a medium-security prison). Fortunately, its an alternate universe, so there was no Watergate, so no smartass reporter can dub it Intern-gate or Improper-Tax-Filing-gate, or what have you. This all is probably a sign that there are little red pills nice men in white coats should be administering me, but it does give me something to pass the time. Oh, I also think about that episode of Law & Order where the son frames the father for arson and murder and then the father figures it out and turns on the son. That's gripping drama there. "I remember what it felt like when I realized my father was a sonofabitch," McCoy observes. "I can't imagine realizing I raised one." That's must-see-TV for ya.

No comments: