Friday, November 15, 2002

Next quarter isn't looking to be a lot of fun...but I think, after much trying, I was able to come up with a schedule which works with my work schedule and will actually advance me closer to graduation. I work Tuesday and Thursday, but it seems most of the classes I could use were offered Tuesday and Thursday. Further, all these classes were boring, so the longer twice-a-week sessions would have made them even more unbearable (not that the Mon/Wed/Fri classes were much better; one was actually on the topic of dullness in 19th century literature). And Latin is only offered M/W/F, so I couldn't just swap work with school, because it looked like I'd have to take classes all five days. But I worked it out, I think; I'll take Latin and Geology (!) M/W/F, and Shakespeare Tu/Th mornings until 9:20, and just work it out with work that I'll come in an hour late. I don't anticipate it being a problem, but if for some reason my work won't go for that, I'll take a class on Medieval literature and the Crusades, which will be interesting but will not advance me any closer to graduation (it would help me very much if it was offered under the Literatures in English banner, but instead they call it European Literature which for some reason makes it totally unfit to meet my requirement for one more medieval literature class). I'm not entirely looking forward to next quarter; I'm doing poorly this quarter, with classes I for the most part enjoy and a nice M/W/F schedule. Oh, well.

No comments: