Tuesday, November 05, 2002

I got a C (dangerously close to C-) on my Latin midterm. I didn't think I did too good, but was actually surprised, I totally tanked on the adjective agreement section, which I hoped would boost my grade a bit. I would have done okay, except I forgot the word "deus" is irregular in the plural ablative, and so when I saw "dis," I had no idea what they were talking about, and actually thought, "to the Gods," which would have made sense, but managed to take about 30 minutes on that one question and work it around my brain until it made no sense at all. Time would've been better spent reviewing the rest of the exam and finding other more obvious errors I made. C'est la vie. I'm still in a fairly good position in the class, as long as I do okay on the remaining quizzes, my grade will basically be decided by the final exam. A solid B should be had without too much difficulty. Allowing me to focus my attention on Scottish Literature. I'll get my first paper back tomorrow; I wasn't happy with it, but it was not a paper demanding deep analysis, more a check of basic comprehension of some of the basic concepts of the first novels we read. I'm hoping for a B, I don't deserve better. This paper is only 25% of our grade, the main paper is 50%, and will require a lot more outside research and analysis. So I'm just hoping everything else will come together well enough this quarter that I can devote most of my energy (what little there is) towards that paper. But I think that's enough school talk, my apologies for wasting your time, dear reader.

No comments: