Sunday, November 03, 2002

I ran in the Race for the Cure this morning. 28:42. Granted I didn't get a good start due to the crowd, but still, this course was flatter than the Chanceller's Challenge, and my time has slipped by three minutes. I haven't been feeling good this week, though, and I've been a bit lethargic. Still, I was disappointed with my time, though I actually showed better stamina than the previous run. Perhaps I'll run some of the upcoming runs I got brochures for, like a Thanksgiving 5K for the food bank, a Christmas run for the food bank/toys for tots, and some Embarcadero run apparently raising money for balloon animals (I believe I may pass on that one).

Following the run (and a brief perusal of the booths...100% pure promegranate juice, not a good idea, apparently made for people who think cranberry juice is too indulgent), I proceded to A-1 Self-Storage. Today was the day I had to move upstairs. Fun times. Actually wasn't too bad at all. I managed to do almost all of it myself, in about an hour and a half. A brief interruption while I had to go find a dustpan, after finding a dead mouse (with a copious amount of his "business") which had obviously been there a LONG time. But with that unpleasantness behind me, I got the rest of my stuff upstairs, expect for a heavy endtable, a biggish-screen TV, and a couch. Then Cecily helped me get two of the three upstairs, and then we moved the couch to her house. It was actually a good thing, in a way. I save a month's rent, for one. And it gave me a chance to rearrange everything extensively. I had moved stuff around within my existing space, but by moving to a new unit, I was able to make much better use of my space. Even considering the missing couch, I was able to store the same amount of stuff in about half the space, with the things I am most likely to need readily available. Perhaps I'll move into a smaller unit, but I think the savings would have to be substantial before I'd do that again. So I ran, I moved, and I took a nice bath. And now I'm winding down for a nice Sunday evening of television (Futurama, Simpsons, Adult Swim).

No comments: