Monday, June 02, 2003

I'm on for the Seabiscuit scoring, spending tomorrow watching Randy Newman at work! Very exciting, and a bit unnerving, both that Randy would be so, so generous to his fans, and that he actually said he wanted our smiling faces there. I'll try to post about my experience as soon as possible, but I might be limited in what I am free to reveal (I'm already holding back a bit), so I may not be able to speak very frankly about it. I'm so excited!

Today was my group presentation on Ernest Hogan for my African-American Humor class. I arrive in class, and the professor arrives and writes the list of presenters on the board. We are dead last, fifth of the ten-minute presentations to give in the fifty-minute class, and all the groups thus far had been going over their alloted time by a wide margin. So I figure I'll have to wait until Wednesday, which really blows, since I would like this over, not hanging over my head during the excitement of tomorrow. So three groups go, and their is only about six minutes left in class. So the professor says something to the effect that, since the Redd Fox group had audio-visual tools to use, they couldn't go in six minutes, so Ernest Hogan would go instead. So having wiped all thought of giving my presentation from my mind, I had to quickly regroup and begin my presentation. No sooner than I had finished my first portion of it (about five minutes) and passed off to my partner, than the professor pulls the plug, telling us to give her our notes and she'll evaluate us from those. So, its over with, and I assume we'll probably be graded more leniently given the circumstances, but it was a stressful hour. Glad to have it done, though. Now, I just have to crank out a research paper on Eddie Anderson and Robert Guillaume, and take an econ final, and this quarter is done and the summer is mine! Apparently, work is fine with me continuing to work just three days a week, so I'll have plenty of free time to do all the things I want to do (though I'm pretty certain they'll bump me up to four days pretty soon, which is okay, more money for me).

No comments: