Wednesday, June 25, 2003

I got the set-up kit from Cox for the high-speed internet connection, and spent the last four hours or so trying to hook it up, to no avail. I got a signal booster from Radio Shack, and while it improved the television reception, did nothing for the modem. The cable company will be sending out a repairman on Wednesday to check out the problem. So now my mom is even more sure that I'm going to mess up the cable and she'll have no TV. But I think they can get it working pretty easily. It just might cost a bit, since the cable company didn't install the various outlets, and thus won't cover the repairs. Oh, well.

Amy Sedaris was on Conan last night, very funny. Then today, the Strangers with Candy DVD finally arrived. Pretty sweet. Unfortunately, the "I've Got G.A.S." episode, a pivitol moment in television history, in my opinion, is not part of season one. So I'll just have to pray seasons two and three some day come out. But what is included is pure gold.

Further update for those following the saga of the morning mail: Still no book from Barnes and Noble. Also, my copy of Neal Pollack's Beneath the Axis of Evil still hasn't come. Filed a compaint with Paypal, which finally got me a response from the company, which assures me it is on its way. As for the Barnes and Noble package, it shipped out of Pennsylvania a long time ago, but still hasn't made it here. Thank God for package tracking; now I know it left Pennsylvania and then dropped off the face of the planet. Amazon definately seems to have them beat as far as shipping speed. Though, in full fairness, in addition to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, I ordered a ton of books from their clearance rack, so maybe its the weight of the package that is to blame for the slow shipping. Still, I'm getting antsy waiting.

No comments: