Monday, June 23, 2003

I signed Mom up for cable internet service today. Should get it hooked up Wednesday. I went out today and bought her a cable modem, and also got a signal booster for the cable, since I think one will be needed. Mom keeps worrying that its going to mess up the cable somehow. She's also afraid she will lose her e-Bay feedback rating, and no matter how many times I explain it to her, I think she believes in her heart of hearts that her reputation in e-Bay will be tarnished by her change in e-mail address. I'll be glad to be surfing the web at a reasonable speed, and not having to deal with busy signals and dropped connections. I am concerned about how well it will work, since the cable is spliced four ways, and the tv signal in the back room, where the computer is, is not particulary strong. But hopefully, with the signal booster, it'll work fine.

For those demanding closure regarding my trip to the post office, my book did not arrive today.

No comments: