Friday, March 05, 2004

Just got home from Viejas. Won $32 playing poker. Nice to keep my winning streak going, but the poker room felt pretty dead, despite having every table going. First I played 3-6 Stud, which used to be my favorite game, but the table was flat, tiny pots, no action, not much fun. And I just picked up a bad vibe from the game. I ended up playing 2-4 Omaha, at a table in the corner, where it smelled inexplicably of garbage. That table was better, thanks to a drunk fellow sitting next to me. But still, the table was pretty dead compared to some of the previous games I've played in lately. But I won, that's what's important. And had a nice carrot cake for dessert.

Too bad I didn't win $40, that would have covered my parking ticket. My administrative review came back today, they say I have to pay the fine. Which is fair, I suppose (I forgot to put the permit on the dash...for the second time). I've been parking up the hill and hiking in lately, and it's not that bad. I'll probably buy another occasional use permit, for days when I'm running late, but I'd rather park on La Jolla Scenic Drive and save my money, especially seeing that every dollar I don't spend on a permit is one dollar UCSD parking doesn't get.

No comments: