Sunday, April 13, 2003

Have you seen the newest commercial for the Olive Garden? Now our favorite Italian grandfather is referred to as an Italian-American, out at the Olive Garden to celebrate his new American citizenship. Apparently they thought a commerical that simply observed that Italian food is good (and that Olive Garden food looks kinda like Italian food) might be offensive to patriotic Americans. The last thing they need is patriots renaming spaghetti "freedom noodles" or Olive Garden food "freedom crap."

Saw the Folksmen on Mad TV tonight. They performed "Blood on the Coal." I saw them a few years ago in LA, when they performed for the Harry Smith Project. I loved it, even though I didn't really know who or what they were. Once I found out the Folksmen were the brainchild of Christopher Guest and company, I tried to find more about them, but all I could find was that they were on Saturday Night Live once, and I was unable to find a tape of that (hopefully that will be included in the A Mighty Wind DVD). So I am so excited to see the movie (opens Wednesday), and the thought of the soundtrack album and future DVD makes me giddy.

No comments: