Monday, April 07, 2003

Grandma is going in and having her left lung removed today. She seems in good enough shape going in, I think she'll pull through the initial surgery, at least. She's scared, of course; last I saw her, she was just muttering to herself about having to get through it, get back to assisted living, back to bingo. It's interesting how unpleasant it was getting her to go into assisted living, now she can't wait to return. I think the worst thing that could happen is she not recover enough to return to where she was, and have to go into a rest home. For her age, I think it would be better she just succumb peacefully in surgury than that. Of course, a full recovery would be the best of all, but only time will tell, I suppose.

I haven't been running or done any real amount of exercise since last Thursday. I was going to run down to the gym today after school, but I just couldn't get myself to go. My diet has been abysmal, as well. I just ordered a pizza for dinner tonight, Saturday I had an Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box for lunch and a Steerburger from Boll Weevil for dinner. Last Friday, in fact, I had originally planned to stop by the farmer's market in La Mesa and get some fruit; I ended up skipping dinner and eating a Big Buford from Rally's around midnight. Tomorrow I'll get a run in, and I'll plan my food choices for tomorrow tonight, so it'll be easier to make the right decisions. These organic pasta and rice bowls are on sale at the store, the teriaki tofu one is really good; I'll probably have that tomorrow. Tonight, though, its two large pizzas from Papa John's. It was cheaper to get two large one-toppings than one large two-topping, so I had to split up my traditional mushroom and olive pizza, got one all mushrooms, one half-olives and half-anchovies, because I've never had anchovies on a pizza, I watched a Futurama episode involving anchovies last night, and I enjoy sardines, so I figured it was a good time to try them.

No comments: