Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Grandma's doing good. The doctors say she's a tough old broad. She made them bring a TV into the ICU so she could watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

I went to a sneak preview of The Good Thief tonight. I enjoy the later work of Nick Nolte, for the most part. The first half was a bit slow, but overall I enjoyed it. A great finale in Monte Carlo. I would love to play for high stakes in Monte Carlo some day. A classier type of joint, though the same greed greases the roulette wheels. For all the film's build-up to the dual heists, the real tension was in Nolte at the tables, and the film catured it admirably, right down to the pit's flop sweat. I enjoyed the movie, overall, but still would have a hard time recommending it. Too slow, didn't add anything to the genre, and the girl was a bit annoying.

I made it home just in time to catch the premiere of Lucky of FX, to continue the gambling theme. Not bad, the side of gambling I'm more familiar with, though rather cartoonish. But I'll tune in next week.

Skipped my run today. Haven't run since Thursday. The Carlsbad 5000 this weekend should be humbling. I had hoped to break 20:00, now I just hope I don't make an ass of myself. I'll run down to the gym tomorrow. And eat better, too (leftover pizza for lunch and dinner today).

No comments: