Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Monday night, I qualified to compete in the Million Dollar Freeroll tournament at Paradise Poker. Entry in this tournament is free (hence the name), but you have to win a seat in a free sattelite tournament. I failed to win my way into the first tournament, but they are running a second tournament in December, and last night, I overcame about 1300 people to be one of of the last 20 players standing, and won a seat in the main event. So I now have about a 1 in 4200 chance of winning $1,000,000. Of course, the price money drops dramatically after first place, but I still have about a 1 in 9 chance of winning money. Those odds based on the enrollment in the first tournament, I don't know if the tourney I'm in will have more or less players. But I value the entry at about $260, not considering the trip to a "mystery tropical location" if I make it to the final table (which will be televised). So that's somewhat exciting. I don't pretend to be a very experienced multi-table tournament player, but it's about the closest I've ever been to winning a million dollars.

No comments: