Sunday, May 30, 2004

The CineVegas Film Festival schedule is announced. As my faithful readers no doubt recall with great fascination, I will be arriving in Vegas, coincidentally, on the final day of the festival, and had hoped that the Portrait of Billy Joe would coincide with my visit. And it does. But its at 3:30, which means I'll have to get an early start to make it. The dilemma, however, is that the day before, Zatoichi is playing at 3:00 PM. Do I take another day off, find more accomodations in Vegas, and try to leave early enough to make a 3:00 movie in Vegas? Might as well, since I usually start at a reasonable time and arrive pretty close to 3, and I should be able to get a free room downtown no problem, so that I touch on downtown, the strip, and henderson on my trip. I'll have to see if it works with work, but still, I'd only be taking three days off. And Zatoichi should be opening here in San Diego around the same time, so I'm not sure I'd even get much of a jump on things. Something to mull over.

I saw the most disturbingly amusing Vaudeville show last weekend. Never got around to writing about it, because I feel bad saying how awful the performers were, since they seemed to be trying hard. And also, I'm lazy. But when I get a chance, I'll report the truth about that evening, as I am sworn to do.

No comments: