Friday, August 08, 2003

Did some shopping today. Bought new running shoes at Road Runner Sports. I was planning on trying on several shoes, and hoped to try a new brand, but ended up sticking with Brooks, moving up from the Adreneline to the Trance. It fit great, and the extra cushioning really felt good. It occured to me I should have tried on a new pair of Adrenelines, rather than comparing the cushioning of a new pair of Trances with my worn-out old shoes. But I was happy with my purchase, and impressed with the sales staff. I bought my last pair of running shoes from Movin' Shoes, a smaller mom-and-pop shop, and was really disappointed in the service. They seemed annoyed that I didn't know what shoes I wanted, like that wasn't their job (though to be fair, I ended up with a very excellent shoe). But the staff at Road Runners sized me up, looked at my old shoes, and, after explaining I was browsing in the woman's shoe section, told me they shoe I was looking at didn't offer me enough stability, and if I wanted more cushioning, I should go for something like the Brooks Trance, which was high on my list of shoes to try. I ran around the parking lot and felt a real difference from my old shoes, but with the support I'd become accustomed to. I tried on a pair of Adidas that didn't fit well and was too soft, and decided to just go with the Brooks. Bought a nice pair of shorts, too.

I also went to Target to get socks and another pair of shorts, and to browse their Simpsons merchandise. Simpsons Jeopardy looked intriguing, but I ended up passing. They apparently no longer carry the Worlds of Springfield merchandise, but it occured to me their was a Toys R Us nearby. I wasn't sure if the Simpsons Tracy Ullman Set was available yet. It wasn't, but they had one of the Main Street Sets available, which I of course purchased. No place to put it, but that's not the point.

What is the point? I have to stop spending money like a maniac. Or get around to listing some of my duplicate Worlds of Springfield figures/playsets on eBay.

I did save a bit not bidding on a Lyle Lovett DVD that was on eBay. I was tempted, since I had tried to find it awhile back, to discover it was only available as an incentive to PBS members. I should've joined to get it, for $250 (if I remember correctly), I could've gotten it, a CD of the same concert, and two tickets to see him at Humphrey's. Seeing as the two tickets turned out to cost me $150, and seeing as being a PBS member is a reward in itself, I suppose, should've done it. But I didn't, so I thought I was going to have to pay $40 or so on eBay. But it turns out its now available for purchase. The web site gives a phone number but no price information. Now that I know its available at any time, there's no hurry. Besides, if "I'm Gonna Wait" is on his new album, I'll have to think over whether I need the DVD at all. Of course, with Randy Newman doing a four-song set, I know the answer, but...

I got my pictures back from Urban Challenge. The pictures are crap. I'm going to see what I can do with Photoshop, but seeing as most of the photos are rather badly out of focus, I don't have high hopes. I'll post what I can soon, in any case.

No comments: