Monday, August 18, 2003

After a particularly aggravating run-in with a pop-up ad that tried to simulate that new virus that's going around (I'm behind a firewall and updated a month ago, when the possibility of this virus first made headlines, so I knew I wasn't infected), I installed Google's new toolbar, with the pop-up blocker. It is really amazing. I love the pop-up blocker, and while I haven't tried it yet, the fact that I can easily use it to post a URL to this blog is nice. Now, I read this article about some other uses of the toolbar. I was unaware of the calculator property of the search box, but now I think that will be pretty nice to have. So I, who am usually annoyed by extra things taking up precious screen space, heartily endorse the Google Toolbar for anyone who is annoyed with pop-ups.

No comments: