Saturday, May 31, 2003

I set a PR today, running in the Rock the Bay 5K (a tagalong to tomorrow's Suzuki Rock & Roll Marathon. My time of 21:35 shed seven seconds off my previous 5K record, this spring's Torrey Pines 5K, which was a much more difficult course, I thought. But my time today was hindered by the narrow bike lane we were running on, and a crowded start. I still am hoping to break 20:00, but after my disasterous performance in Carlsbad last month, am very happy with my time. I also just got a copy of Marathoning for Mortals in the mail. I haven't decided exactly what my plans are, but I hope to, at the latest, run the Rock & Roll Marathon next year (I'd like to run a marathon around November/December of this year, but I'm not sure if there's any scheduled around here).

No comments: