Saturday, May 31, 2003

I just received word that Randy Newman has extended an invitation to me and some other members of his "inner circle" to attend a scoring session for the film Seabiscuit this week. I had the unbelievable good fortune to see Randy at work scoring Monsters, Inc. and am very excited that, despite some difficulty making the arrangements that time, he has again extended an invitation to some of his fans. And its a film I'd be excited to see even if Randy was not associated with it, so that's just the icing on the cake. I'll find out tomorrow that I can get the day off work, and hopefully I'll be Hollywood-bound (and then the next night I'm Beverly Hills-bound, as I am wined and dined by my Vegas benefactors...quite a week).

I was discussing my screenplay idea with a girl at work this week. I'd rather not post it here, since it's just that good, and you WILL steal it, because it will revolutionize entertainment as we know it. I know what you're thinking, its a sitcom about a back-sassing robot, but you are wrong...though that would be sweet. I've actually been joking about this screenplay for a long time, and it just this week occured to me, I really should write it. It's absurd enough that I should really be able to let myself loose and have a lot of fun with it. So I've decided, this Summer, I'm writing my screenplay. Mostly as an writing exercise for myself--when I write, I seem to manage to strip the joy and humor out of about any topic--though if Roger Corman should someday choose to direct it, that would be fine, too.

No comments: