Monday, May 26, 2003

I saw Fishbone last evening, and enjoyed myself very much. They weren't the headliner, apparently; Kings X was. But it worked out good, as I was tired and had to work this morning, so I was able to leave after Fishbone and get home at a decent hour. Fishbone still had a lot of energy in their performance, and of course any band with a theremin is instantly cool. Opened with "Party at Ground Zero," and peaked with a cover of Curtis Mayfield's "Freddie's Dead." I'm not really familiar enough with their work to identify much else that they played, but it was a fun show. Before "Ma and Pa," Angelo Moore remarked something about how it looked like a lot of mas and pas got a babysitter that evening; the crowd definately skewed older than I expected. But Fishbone was sounding as fresh as ever.

I did get home in time to see some of Adult Swim, new episodes of Home Movies and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. Neither was particularly exciting, though Home Movies had its moments. I taped the rest, so I'll have to watch Sealab: 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force tonight.

No comments: