Thursday, January 20, 2005

Tanner is not well. Yesterday, he started crying out in pain, but we couldn't see anything wrong with him. But that evening, he seemed to be okay. So we planned to take him to the vet to have her check him out, since he was due for a check-up anyway. During the night, he seemed okay, until I was awoke at 2:15 by his cries, and found that he got his toenail caught on the bedspread. It was snagged pretty good, and I eventually had to get some scissors and cut him lose. His nails were getting pretty long, I actually intended to call his groomer today and schedule an appointment. So I was hopeful that perhaps it was just a broken nail or something similar causing his pain. Then this morning, he threw up. But according to my mother (I was at work), Tanner was fine all the rest of the day, and this afternoon, the vet couldn't see anything wrong with him, and while his nails looked fine, suggested that that could be the cause. So I was hopeful that was indeed all. But now again this evening, he is crying out in pain again. I think we've determined it always happens when he tries to roll over or turn around, and I suspect that means that it is his hip that's bothering him (that or some internal organ is twisted or something). Don't know why he vomited, but it could just be stress from the pain. The vet is calling in the morning, and at least now I can tell her some specific information (he's cried out twice just while I wrote this, and watching him, it seems to definately hurt when he turns to the right, and he seems to have developed a slight limp, as well). So hopefully the vet can give us a better course of treatment now. I just hope he doesn't have to go in for observation (especially tomorrow, being a Friday, as I don't think they're open weekends). He's being a brave little trooper, though.

No comments: