Friday, December 10, 2004

School is done, I should mention. Haven't gotten my grades yet, but I should squeak by. I've had trouble getting back in school mode (it feels like I've been back in school a few quarters, not a few years), but this quater especially I just felt so out of sync with school. Mainly because my classes were quite boring. I was so out of it I actually forgot to enroll in classes for the next quarter. I did that today, a week or so ahead of the deadline. And again I find myself with classes that don't particularly appeal to me. Finally getting History of Criticism out of the way. The good news is all my classes are scheduled fairly close together, I only have a one-hour block of time between two classes to fill. Unfortunately, I have class until 6:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays. But I suppose I never do anything productive with my early evening time, anyway. And with a late start to classes, I'll have time to run in the morning/early afternoon, without getting up at an ungodly hour. Every time I've left the house today, someone has gotten on my nerves. Drivers, mostly, I won't bore you with all that. I was particularly annoyed by a woman at Carl's Jr., yelling and belittling the woman behind the counter because the tomato on her child's burger was not of the best quality. I get annoyed in general when people complain because they are not satisfied with their fast food purchase; you paid $0.99, if they got your order right, shut up. Complaining in a fast food establishment just seems pathetic. But to stand screaming about a tomato when there is a sign directly in front of you commenting on the hurricane impact on the tomato supply just aggravates me. Pick the damn thing off your burger if you don't like it. She asked for the corporate office number; I was tempted to call myself and defend the employee, but decided against it (they'd just think I was a friend of the employee, no doubt).

No comments: