Monday, December 20, 2004

I got my grades. I got a 4.0 this quarter. Which I actually find more disturbing than plesant. I've been getting really good grades lately, and for the most part they haven't surprised me, but how the hell did I get an A in oceanography? The curve must have been really drastic. I'll take it, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if there's some conspiracy to just pass me and get me out of the university. I think it's the same paranoid aspect of my nature that caused me anxiety as a child. I remember being enrolled in GATE (gifted and talented education) and wondering if "gifted and talented" had a meaning akin to the term "special" in referring to education. After all, GATE involved being periodically pulled from class for special supplementary guidance, much like speech therapy, and I knew it wasn't a good thing that I had to attend speech therapy. But anyway, perhaps I should just view my grades this quarter as a challenge, to actually earn grades of that caliber next quarter.

No comments: