Thursday, December 16, 2004

I just got a promotion at work. It's actually a promotion on paper only, for the most part, because it basically involves adding duties to my job description that I already perform. I may be a bit more involved in group sales, but for the most part I just do what I do when the current membership person isn't in. She's gotten a new job, so they decided to transfer some of her duties to myself and the other long-term student employee, with a nice raise along with it (17%, though it is the first raise I've gotten in almost three years employment). Of course, it stinks that I finally get a raise as I'm entering the twilight of my career here (my employment is based on being a full-time student of the University, which is bound to come to an end before too long). I've been uncertain if my employment would continue into this summer, but maybe a pay increase might encourage me to cut my hours rather than depart. But in either case, it looks like summer school is a requirement if I want to graduate anytime soon, so that limits my employment options.

No comments: