Sunday, February 22, 2004

Tonight was the final episode of The Surreal Life 2. I've watched and enjoyed the series, but I must say it failed to live up to my high expectations. The friendship that blossomed between Ron Jeremy and Tammy Faye was fun to watch, as were Vanilla Ice's frequent meltdowns. And even Trishelle from The Real World: Las Vegas grew on me, or at least was entertaining to watch. But it just didn't quite click. And Tracy Bingham never stopped being annoying, from coming in like a prima donna, to her constant hypocrisy in dealing with Ron Jeremy, to her arguing her position for animal rights while wearing a leather cowboy hat. My Sunday nights will be a bit more empty now that the show is over, but at least I can watch Arrested Development when it airs, instead of taping it for the next day. AI, as the young people have taken to calling it, wasn't on tonight, incidentally. I hope Fox doesn't plan to treat it like they treat just about every other quality show they air, and do whatever they can to make sure it's cancelled.

No comments: