Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Dean withdraws. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to toss my support behind Edwards.

Arnold speaks out on gay marriage licences. Seems pretty open and shut that the marriages are illegal, but it is fun to watch conservatives freak out. Maybe it'll be a wake-up call to the next conservative Southern judge who decides to put the Ten Commandments in his court and refuse to listen to the courts that tell him he can't. If the Right-Wing Christians seem to think the pagan culture is so stacked against him, you'd think they'd want to be sure that the pagans aren't encouraged to flaunt the law.

I watched Castle in the Sky last night. Let me just say James Van Der Beek should not be dubbing Japanese animation. Fortunately, the DVD has the original soundtrack as well, so I could listen to that. Of course, nothing could be as bad as Billy Bob Thornton in Princess Mononoke, whom actually made me think Minnie Driver wasn't that bad. Anyway, I didn't really think Castle in the Sky was as good as most Miyazaki films, but still enjoyable. The characters just didn't have much depth, girl falls from sky, runs away from bad guys, boy helps. The lone robot tending to the garden was pretty cool, though.

Been reading a bit of Krazy Kat lately. Funny stuff.

No comments: