Wednesday, March 26, 2008

XETV channel 6 is out as San Diego's Fox affiliate. And I for one welcome the move. As a small child, I was terrified of the old XETV logo. Apparently it came on one time in the middle of a program due to technical difficulties, and my sister told me it meant I broke the TV (though I contend that, beyond that, the logo itself is creepy--the number six and yellow don't mix). For several years later, the mere site of the icon would cause me to bury my head in a pillow and slowly sob. Even today, I feel a vague unease looking at it.

The sad thing is, I'm totally serious. And, despite a dreadfully poor memory, especially of my early years, I can remember the texture of my grandparent's couch and pillows as my grandparents tried to figure out why the TV commercial made me scream.

No comments: