Sunday, March 30, 2008

Al Jaffee profiled in the New York Times. He has drawn every Mad Magazine fold-in from the beginning to today; I just assumed some staff artist had assumed responsibility for the feature somewhere along the way. I also must say I felt a bit dense; it never occured to me that the fold-in was a parody of the fold-out features in Playboy et al. For the love of God, check out the interactive gallery of fold-ins which accompany the article. One of those things that reminds you why you got out of bed in the morning; maybe, just maybe, there'd be something beyond awesome on the internet. Or maybe that's just me. Anyways, you can probably guess which two fold-ins are my favorite; but I also enjoyed very much the more somber fold-ins in the "War and the military" category.

No comments: