Sunday, May 07, 2006

I had some lousy luck Friday playing poker online, after a good week, but the good people at Paradise Poker gave me some relief, informing me that I was one of the top 500 players on their point board for their World Series of Poker promotion, and was entered into a tournament to win a World Series of Poker seat. A one-in-500 chance to make an ass of yourself on ESPN is pretty exciting, and I'd love to tell you how the tournament went. But Paradise Poker e-mailed me around 1:00 for a tournament that started at 2:00. And I'm at work, so even though I got the e-mail in time, there was nothing I could have done about it. Their software doesn't work on Macs, and in any event, I think my employer would frown on me installing gambling software on my work computer. I already qualified for another tournament next Sunday, with 5000 players and two seats up for grabs. There's also some minor prize money for the three runners-up. Not a bad deal for free, but not worth taking the day off work, when I've already got Wednesday off. So it looks like the actual odds for that tournament will be around 2-4999.

No comments: