Friday, December 02, 2005

My hard drive crashed on Thursday. I'm writing this on a borrowed laptop. My computer is in a repair shop, where hopefully a technician will be able to recover some of my data (I've backed up a few crucial files, but not nearly as much as I should, and this could be a bad loss). Dell customer support sucks. I ended up paying $100 for them to keep me on the phone for four hours before telling me I needed to take my computer somewhere. The repair shop is reasonable, though, $49 for diagnosis and installing a new hard drive, and $49 for data recovery.

The timing was rather poor, however, as this weekend is Paradise Poker's Million-Dollar Freeroll, for which I have won a seat. Fortunately, I was able to borrow this computer, so I don't have to worry about my computer being repaired in time for the tournament's 11:00 start time tomorrow morning. I have about a 1 in 5000 chance of winning $1,000,000, and a 1 in 500 chance of winning $10,000 and a trip to a mystery tropical location.

No comments: