Thursday, December 08, 2005

I've had my computer back for a few days now. Seems to be working pretty good. A fair amount of data was saved, but plenty of data was lost, too. I've gotten most of the essential software reinstalled, but most of my time has been spent getting my music library back in shape. It seemed like all my music files were salvaged, but once I got everything set up, it appeared that several hundred songs were missing. So I decided to discard those songs and retrieve the songs from my iPod, but in the process of doing that I accidentally lost several songs, including virtually every song I purchased from iTunes. And I also lost my playlists, song ratings, and so on, which is no big deal, but certainly a minor inconvenience. But I've been able to recover a good part of what was lost from Limewire, and have dug up several CDs I need to reburn. Of course, I'm not entirely sure of which songs were lost, so I'm sure some months down the road I'll want to hear a song, and it'll be gone. But slowly things are returning to normalcy. Being without my computer really threw me for a loop.

No comments: