Monday, December 05, 2005

I spoke to the repair place, and I'm getting a computer overhaul, rather than a new computer. I didn't want to buy another Dell, due to their crappy customer support, so I went to HP's website. With the holidays, there is quite a wait for customized computers, but I found one with nice specs for $760 after rebate. So I called the tech guy to see how my computer was coming along, and we agreed it was time to cut our losses. He suggested that I purchase a new processor and hard drive from him, and have it installed into my existing system. I had considered this, but was of the mind that I'd rather just have a brand new system. But he ended up offering me a pretty good deal, so that I get the new processor and memory and hard drive, including installation and transfer of the data recovered from my old hard drive, for about $370. I decided this was an offer worth taking, and decided to pass on the brand new system. And the best part is, he says he might have it ready today, which would be fantastic. So maybe the next posting on this blog with be composed on my new old computer.

No comments: