Sunday, June 12, 2005

For the second year in a row, I have coincidentally booked my Las Vegas vacation to coincide with the Las Vegas film festival. Last year I was trying to rush over to see a documentary on Billy Joe Shaver (who was profiled in a rather bland piece on 60 Minutes last week), but hit about the worst traffic I've experienced on my way to Vegas (the drive back is usually the bad one) and missed it. This year, the only thing I see that I'd really like to see while I'm there is The Aristocrats, which plays the evening of my first night in town. Might be hard to pull myself away from the tables to be on stand-by for a movie that just involves telling the same dirty joke over and over again, especially since it appears to be sold-out and I'd be in the stand-by line, but it is something I've been wanting to see for some time. So we'll see how the tables treat me at first, and if I'm ready for a break, I might check it out.

No comments: