Thursday, April 08, 2004

San Diego Opera had a promotion with the Sledgehammer that enabled me to get 1/2 price tickets to last night's production of Don Carlo. I hadn't been to the opera in three or four years (Falstaff being the last one I attended), and enjoyed myself very much. The Union-Tribune mentioned the length of the opera, but the four hours went by remarkably fast. The King's aria in Act III was especially beautiful, if a bit out of place (Act II ends with his son pulling a sword on him, and so in Act III he worries that his wife doesn't love him). Too bad the guy behind me sounded like a foghorn, coughing through the entire performance. But I had a good time.

My calves were killing me yesterday. I went running in the morning, and after about a mile I had to stop and stretch, they were so tight. Stretching seemed to help, but I decided to cut my run short anyway, given that I knew I had a fair amount of walking to do at school. Now my feet are bothering me from the uncomfortable shoes I wore to the opera. But I shouldn't complain.

No comments: