Friday, April 16, 2004

Had dinner at Mandarin Dynasty. My mom was visibly shaken by her fortune cookie, which confused me, when I read it: "You will witness a miracle." Apparently, she didn't bother to finish the last word (busy busy), and concluded her fortune was, "You will witness a murder." That's a fortune cookie I'd like to see. It reminded me of this fortune I received the other day, at the China King Buffet in Lemon Grove:

Which wouldn't have been an awful fortune; bland as it is, at least it's a fortune. But when I opened the cookie, this is the side I saw first:

Pretty weak. Of course, it's not the worst "fortune" I've got. That would have to be this one, received some time back from a chinese restaurant in La Jolla, the name of which escapes me:

Now that's a new low.

No comments: