Friday, April 28, 2006

I got to my evening class a bit early yesterday, and was lounging about outside on the second floor of the building, waiting for the previous class to adjourn. I was looking out towards the handicapped parking lot, when I saw a big black SUV pull in, and park in the x-ed off section set aside for those needing a ramp to get into their vans. I was already mad because someone almost ran me over on the way to class, so this made me even more angry. I noticed that one car was parked legitimately, but that another did not have any visible handicapped placard visible from my vantage point. My attention shifted to the third car parked in the lot, and again I saw no placard or anything else suggesting they were parked legally. But as I looked, I noticed someone lying in the reclined passenger seat. No sooner had I noticed her then, as if on cue, she rolled over and proceeded to mount someone in the drivers-side seat. So apparently, the handicapped parking spots on campus are the new hot make-out spot. For people who can only get off while being an unbelievable asshole, apparently. I found myself wishing I had a cinderblock to heave over the railing, but sadly I was empty-handed. I should start carrying one in my backpack--I might end up with some fused vertebrae, but I'll always be able to express my anger in wildly inappropriate ways.

No comments: