Saturday, April 29, 2006

[Adult Swim]'s two-week experiment of showing classic episodes of Saved By the Bell every day at midnight has ended, and the midnight time slot will apparently be next filled by Small Wonder, followed by Mr. Belvedere. I found the whole idea of live-action sitcoms on the Cartoon Network rather weird, and figured it was a joke, but the angry conjecture on the internet is that live-action will continue to intrude on the cartoons, due to money. But as stupid as this new programming strategy seems, I'm pretty psyched to be seeing Small Wonder again. I loved that show as a kid. In fact, I remember having a friend over, and insisting that we watch Small Wonder, which he had never seen (he was the son of two college professors and didn't watch much TV). I think he thought I was mildly retarded after that.

No comments: